Yarra Vally salmon caviar First Harvest frozen
FIRST HARVEST SALMON CAVIAR
Yarra Valley Caviars Premium First Harvest Salmon Caviar celebrates the first spawning ever of our young female Salmon. The result is a softer more palatable pearl that melts in your mouth and accentuates the taste buds with a crisp salty burst of flavour.
Storage & Shelf life
All Yarra Valley Caviar and Polanco Sturgeon Black Caviar are processed under strict HACCP and Food Safety Programme guidelines, ensuring a high quality product with full traceability – to give you, the consumer, full confidence every time you enjoy our products.
To ensure the product is kept in the best condition, please follow these guidelines;
- Product to be stored below 4 degrees Celsius – (choose the coldest part of the fridge where temperature will fluctuate the least, away from the door)
- Consume within 4 days of opening
- Product will come with close to 60 day shelf life – from date of packing. Refer to side of jar or bottom of tins for use by date information.
At Yarra Valley Caviar we pride ourselves on our sustainable growing practices and ethical fish husbandry methods. We are BAP certified and audited twice annually. This stands for Best Aquaculture Practice.
As well as this high level certification Yarra Valley Caviar has been implementing its own sustainable growing practices for the last 20 years. Below lists its comprehensive approach to responsible ethical Salmon farming.
Why YVC is sustainable
1. Strictly chemical free farm.
2. A completely disease free environment.
3. A naturally gravity fed river flow through farm that ensures water is only borrowed temporarily from the river then returned in a healthy acceptable state.
4. Insisting Fish are given plenty of space to move around freely and have a current to swim against.
5. Fish are milked once per year for their roe and then returned to the ponds to spawn again the following year.
6. Refusing to force feed fish, instead following feeding programs that reflect their natural growth patterns in the wild.
7. A long lasting relationship with The Environmental Protection Agency Victoria in maintaining regular testing of inflow and outflow levels of suspended solids etc to comply with Australian standards.
8. A vertically integrated business starting with in-house fertilisation of eggs ensuring strict traceability throughout the growth of the fish.
9. Comprehensive in-house staff training in best practice fish husbandry methods to ensure the health and well being of our animals is first and foremost.
There are no reviews written yet about this product..